BADGES for quality learning approaches and validation of non-formal learning in cultural/heritage contexts
BADGES aims at recognizing and valorising the huge lifelong learning potential of European cultural and natural heritage sites.
Nowadays the concept of lifelong learning is strictly connected with the validation of non-formal and informal learning and the relevance of recognizing the entire scope of knowledge and experience held by an individual, irrespective of the learning context is widely remarked.
Despite the growing interest and the European institutions’ strong commitment to promote validation systems in different learning situations, there are contexts, such as the heritage and cultural sites, where concrete experiences of competence validation are rather few and scattered.
BADGES aims at providing a fully fledge methodology to support both cultural and natural heritage sites in offering learning enhancement experiences to their visitors, and the opportunity to have the new knowledge and skills acquired during the learning experience recognized and validated.
The main objectives are
- to develop a methodological frame for competence based informal and non-formal learning in cultural and natural heritage,
- to build cultural and natural heritage staff capacity for developing and organizing validated non-formal learning at their sites,
- to set up a European platform for issuing electronic badges as a certificate for competence development and
- to create a community of interest around this topic and support the creation of a ‘badging culture’ as part of an approach to personal and professional development and to employability.
The main target groups of the project:
- Professionals working in museums or other heritage or cultural organisations, natural parks, archaeological sites who will be able to issue the badges linked to their mission
- People visiting cultural sites, nature parks, historical sites etc. who can be invited to make the most of the experience by getting a badge
- Coordinated by Landkreis Kassel, Kassel, Germany
- eight partners out of six countries (NL, BE, D, IT, PT, PL)
- co-funded by the European Commission through Erasmus+
- Duration: 10/2017-09/2019